Monday, November 26, 2012

Airborne (2012)

SPOILERS!! Unpleasant, largely unrelated things happen on a plane. I found the bad acting more enjoyable for being British. The (presumably) English actor playing what I think was supposed to be a southern American was especially inscrutable. The movie's attempts at being macho & bawdy came off as extra silly, again simply by virtue of being British. The increasing mystery & intrigue became increasingly boring, the increasing gore was random & off-putting. Out-of-the-blue inclusion of a Mayan demon suddenly possessing passengers left me lost for words. Around this time I got bored & went to go make some food. I had to hit rewind so I could properly hear the completely unprecedented 5 second voice over (sounding like a parody of an action movie commercial) that ends this relentlessly embarrassing film. Bad in ways I'd never seen before, way to break new ground! 2 out of 5 Netflix Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment