Monday, November 26, 2012

Meeting Evil (2012)

Implausible & ridiculous! A good time. Samuel L. Jackson is relatively fun as the aimless, cheerful, unstoppable psycho-killer. It's enjoyable watching him torment Luke Wilson through most of the movie. The dialogue & character motivation are thoroughly unbelievable across the board. If there's a lesson to be learned or moral to be found it passed me by, none the less I was for the most part entertained. It seems like all movies of this sort remind me of "Funny Games" anymore, which is fine since I love "Funny Games," but it's still odd. This one had lots of key elements: the murderous sociopath with a weird hypocritical insistance upon good manners, affluent white people with golf clubs used for violence, the spineless father who only makes matters worse, a tendency to show the aftermath of acts of violence instead of showing the acts themselves. I was predictably bored for the last third of the film but up until then I was having a good ol' time with its dumb self! 3 out of 5 Netflix Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment