Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Curdled (1996)

I looked briefly online just now & this film received almost ENTIRELY negative, but REALLY negative, reviews from "fans" & "critics" alike. Not sure why, but everybody hates it! As for me, I loved it! Light hearted bloody fun to the very end! Anglena Jones is charming as the doe eyed, sweet natured, Colombian immigrant sociopath who loves loves homicide cleanup just a bit too much. One-of-the-not-Alec Baldwin brothers is surprisingly inoffensive in his almost minor role as the debonaire serial killer. I kind of wasn't paying attention for the beginning of the movie, I just wanted something on in the back ground, but I found myself increasingly drawn in as the film progressed. It felt like a Tarantino picture only less gross & mortifying, which is maybe why everybody else hates it- Tarantino Lite. But, nerdy as it may be, I kind of suspected that was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Yay "Curdled"! 5 out of 5 Netflix stars! A rating heretofore reserved only for "A Clockwork Orange" & I forget what else!

1 comment:

  1. Re-watching this just now. There's no way it's a 5 star movie. Continuity errors, weak writing, the worst fake blood in the world. That's nice I enjoyed it so much the 1st time though.

    ReplyDelete