Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hugo (2011)

The movie Scorsese made so his daughter could see one of his films. I wanted this movie to be cool looking and it was, though admittedly I did not see it in 3-D (3-D is gross & gives me a headache). It was a tad long, I did wander into the kitchen a few times to make some food, but then I would rush back into the living room because inevitably something cool looking was happening. The automaton was cool, the early silent films were cool, the sets and cinematography were cool. Having it take place in a Parisian train station where everyone speaks English with a British accent was a confusing choice, but whatever- I wanted visually pleasing & that's what the film delivered, without being grotesquely insipid or annoying even! 4 out of 5 Netflix Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment