Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Experiment (2010)

Some random strangers sign up for "THE EXPERIMENT!" Most are assigned to play the role of prisoners, a few are assigned to be the guards. Based on a real "The Experiment!" from the 70s. I can't believe this movie received halfway decent reviews from critics or the general populace, I can't think of one good thing to say about it. Bad writing, bad acting, totally nonsensical storyline, predictably unpleasant scenes of escalating prisoner abuse, gratuitous use of stock footage displaying genuine acts of human barbarism. I fast forwarded through maybe a third of the movie, might as well have skipped the whole thing, there's not a redeeming moment to be found. Whatever heavy handed moral it's trying to dish out falls completely flat as there's not a believable scene in the whole mess (unless it was hidden in the third I skipped through). There were also loads of continuity problems and the like, but the movie's such a turd it's not worth getting into that stuff. I thought "The Experiment!" would probably be bad but it was so much worse than that. [Note: Seeing a terrifying acquaintance of mine appear as an extra in the film (a "prisoner" who is sometimes there but usually not, one of the many continuity problems we're not exploring in this "review") only made watching this nightmare an extra soul crushing experience for me. This is the 3rd Netflix feature I've come across that involves someone I know, the 1st I've actually watched. Weirdness.] 1 out of 5 Netflix Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment